WELCOME BY OUR CHAIR
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 1st issue of “CLL Matters” – the CLL Advocates Network´s Newsletter (CLLAN).
The CLLAN Steering committee recognises the immense pressure of increased demands and reduced services the COVID-19 pandemic has caused our community. It is our hope that – as a network – we will continue to share the lessons learned and keep each other informed in these times of uncertainty, restriction and budget constraint. As patient advocates and leaders of patient advocacy groups, we need to work together and support each other more than ever. CLLAN activities and priorities are ultimately shaped by your input and feedback. Please keep this coming to ensure we understand your priorities to aid the network and support the community.
In this edition we:
- Introduce you to World Leukaemia Day (WLD) to aid the network to work together and magnify Blood Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) awareness raising opportunities for CLL and national activities
- Proudly announce the launch of our new and refreshed website
- Introduce COVID-19 and other interesting resources
- Share news from our global members
- Present CLLAN´s plans for the second half of 2020 and 2021
- Update you on where we are in the planning of our next CLL Horizons Conference, and what we are offering to bridge the time until then.
- Share with you our Conference Summary Report of our CLL Horizons 2019 conference (Edinburgh / Scotland, 19 to 21 September 2019)
World Leukemia Day (WLD) on 4th of September (during Blood Cancer Awareness Month, BCAM) is a great opportunity for us all to get the CLL awareness ball rolling and bring us together, to show unity, raise awareness of leukaemia and its signs & symptoms in general – and what this means for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL) patients in particular.
We hope you find this newsletter useful and look forward to working together as we build for WLD and BCAM.
Thank you for your continued dedication to advocate for patients and the difference you are making for so many at a time of great difficulty for patients and yourselves.
(CLLAN Steering Committee Member & Interim Chair